The ‘ESTEFANOS STUDIOS’ presents
INTENSIVE SCRIPT AND FILM ANALYSIS WORKSHOP
by Gabriele C. Sindler & Donat F. Keusch
dfk*films & script*service
Cairo | 2020 | autumn
AT “NEW FALAKI THEATER – AUC”
The 4th edition of this impressive professional 12-days workshop “Script and Film Analysis as the Basic for Creative Writing” will return to Cairo/Egypt in its most sophistic form.
The workshop is targeted to Scriptwriters, Film Directors, Producers and Film Editors in Egyptian film industry and the Arab world.
The professional preparation for this workshop means to read 7-9 scripts of all the films presented in advance.
The workshop needs approx. 10 hours work per day!
For a successful further training for film makers time and practical exercises are inevitable.
We would be happy to have a substantial number of female filmmakers, scriptwriters, film editors, producers… in the workshop.
Participants with own films (shorts or feature length) are invited to attend the workshop with their projects. We will select 1 to 3 submitted films and add them to the program.
At the end of the workshop the participants will know how a professional analysis of a screenplay for a low budget or a very big budget or a high concept or an art-house or any other kind of film should be elaborated.
- How should a serious analysis look like?
- Which elements are important for the estimation of the market potential?
- What are the basic structural elements of a dramatic story and how could a dynamic structure be worked out?
- How to get three dimensional characters? Etc.
- Furthermore, they will know what a “cinema audience” could be and to which important story and screenplay elements a wider success is related to.
- And they will know forever the only real and important question of script and film analysis.
- Last but not least they will get “in touch” with writers, producers, directors, actors like Milos Forman, Billy Wilder, Ridley Scott, Sylvester Stallone, Gérard Brach, Bo Goldman, Callie Khouri, James Cameron, and many others.